Who Are The Friends of the Shelter Island Public Library and What Do We Do?
- We are members of a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting our library.
- We are supporters of cultural and educational programs for our community.
- We are library lovers who promote our library as a valuable resource in our community.
- We fund resources and materials not covered by the library’s annual operating budget.
- We sponsor programs and fund-raising events throughout the year such as: The Annual Turkey Plunge, Annual Tag Sale, Annual Beach Volleyball Tournament, Craft Fairs, Tent Events, Buy a Brick and more!
We invite you to join the Friends!
Chairperson: Mary Ellen McGayhey
Vice-Chair: Tracy McCarthy
Treasurer: Marian Browlie
Secretary: Susan King
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to volunteer or donate to the Friends of the Library! Donations to the Friends can also be made via our Treasurer, Marian Brownlie. Please email us at .
- Turkey Plunge – November 24th Splash Off at 11:00am. To volunteer or for more information contact Andrew Ward at
- Holiday Craft Fair – DETAILS COMING SOON! For vendor Information- contact Mary Ellen McGayhey at
Join online or Download a Friends Membership Form
Buy a Brick!
Now you can celebrate, honor or recognize someone, someplace or even a special event, while helping to beautify the Library’s new outdoor reading patio by Buying a Brick!
Buy a Brick!